(1) Privacy Statement
(2) Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer
The Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd Privacy Compliance Officer is the Managing Director Operations. The Managing Director Operations will be the first point of contact for all privacy issues, including handling access requests and complaints should they arise.
(3) Privacy And Confidentiality
- Purpose Of The Policy
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd wishes to implement obligations under the Privacy Act and would like to take all reasonable steps in order to comply with the Act and protect the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This policy sets out how we intend to do so.
- Personal Information
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd collects the following personal information:
- Company Employees
- Your name
- Date of birth
- Career history
- Career plans
- Results of aptitude and other tests
- Tax file numbers
- Superannuation details
- Banking details
- Performance reviews
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd collects the following personal information:
- Company Trading Name
- Company address and contact information
- Trading record
- Trading references
- Details of Directors
- Sales trading history
- Purchasing preferences
- Merchandising holdings
- Ranging status
- Commercial trading arrangements
- Collection Of Information
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd collects personal information in order to provide commercial services to our customers, and to maintain legitimate employee records. Generally if appropriate, we will tell you why we are collecting personal information and how we plan to use it or these issues will be obvious when we collect the information. We may also collect the information on occasions from customers when conducting market research or for customer loyalty programmes.
We do not as a rule collect sensitive information, (as defined in the Privacy Act), however should we do so, we will explain the reasons for so doing and collect it only with the employee's consent or the consent of our customer.
- Access To Your Personal Information
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd provides access to the personal information that we hold about employees and customers. Access will be provided in accordance with our Access Policy. If you require access to your personal information please contact the Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information is managed, please contact the Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer. Complaints will be handled under the Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd's Privacy Complaints Policy.
- Storage, Review And Disposal
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
Personal information held on an employee will be reviewed annually during the employee's annual review. Any changes to information held may be made at that time. Any information held by the company on potential employees making application for employment with the company will be held for the duration of the employment process and then destroyed.
We do not contract out data storage or processing functions. However, if in the future Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd does contract out these services we will take measures to protect the information by including contractual provisions in any agreements. (Refer to the Intrax standard contractor clauses with respect to privacy).
- What Happens If You Choose Not To Provide The Information
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd with personal details, we may not be able to provide employees or customers with our full range of support and services.
- Disclosure Of Personal Information
However we may disclose personal information, other information, or data we collect from you for the purpose specified to you at the time of collection or for other purposes if:
- You would reasonably expect us to disclose such information for that purpose
- That purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection
- Sources Of Information
Where possible Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd will collect the information directly from Intrax's customers, or directly from Intrax's employees.
A cookie is a small message given to your web browser by our web server. The browser stores the message in a text file, and the message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Most Internet browsers are set up to accept cookies. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may be able to change the settings of your browser to refuse all cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your computer, giving you the choice whether to accept it or not.
We use a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to our offices, firewalls and secure databases to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure.The Internet is not a secure environment. If you use the Internet to send Intrax any information, including your email address, it is sent at your own risk.
2. Access Policy
This policy is directed to those individuals whose personal information is held by Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd
(2) Overriding Principles
At all times the conduct under this Policy will be governed by the following principles:
- All requests for access will be treated seriously
- All requests will be dealt with promptly
- All requests will be dealt with in a confidential manner
- Your request to access your personal information will not effect your existing obligations or effect the commercial arrangements between you and Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd.
(3) Form Of Access
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd will provide access by allowing you to inspect, take notes of or receive copies or print outs of the personal information that Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd holds about you.
You can make your request in writing by contacting the Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer.
To obtain access you will have to provide proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is not undermined.
(4) When Will Access Be Denied?
Access will be denied if:
- the request does not relate to the personal information of the person making the request;
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person;
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous and vexatious;
- the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings;
- providing access would prejudice negotiations with the individual making the request;
- access would be unlawful;
- denial of access is authorised or required by law;
- access would prejudice law enforcement activities;
- access discloses a 'commercially sensitive' decision making process or information; or
- any other reason that is provided for in the National Privacy Principles (NPPs) set-out under the Privacy Act.
Where possible, Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd will favour providing access. It may do so by providing access to the appropriate parts of the record or by using an appropriate 'intermediary'.
Where there is a dispute about the right or forms of access, these will be dealt with in accordance with Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd 's Grievance Procedure.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access within 30 days of your request. In cases where the request is not complicated or does not require access to a large volume of information, we will provide information within 14 days.
(6) Costs and Charges
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd will impose the following charges :
3. Privacy Complaints
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd sees the privacy to the organisation, its customers and other stakeholders. As such Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information that we hold. This is part of our organisations:
- Legal obligations under the Privacy Act 1988
- Ethical and business obligations
- Service to you
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd places high priority on effectively dealing with any complaints about privacy that you may have.
(2) Overriding Principles
At all times the conduct under this policy will be governed by the following principles:
- All complaints will be treated seriously
- All complaints will be dealt with promptly
- All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner
- The privacy complaint will not effect your existing obligations or the commercial arrangements that exist between this organisation and you
(3) Who May Complain Under This Policy?
If you have provided us with personal information, you have a right to make a complaint, have it investigated and dealt with under this policy.
(4) What Is A Privacy Complaint?
A privacy complaint relates to any concern or dispute that you have with our privacy practices as it relates to your personal information. This could include matters such as:
- How personal information is collected
- How personal information is stored
- How this information is used or disclosed
- How access is provided
(5) What Do I Do If I Have A Complaint About Privacy Practices?
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd resolves grievances at the local level if possible. If you have a complaint about privacy please contact the Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer, or advise your usual recognised Intrax contact. Your Intrax contact will on-forward your complaint to the Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer.
You may complain orally or in writing. The Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer will have the authority to resolve your complaint.
(6) Grievance Procedure
The goal of this policy is to achieve an effective resolution of your complaint within a reasonable set timeframe of approximately 28 days or as soon as practicable.
Once the complaint has been made, and the matter is in the hands of the Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer, the matter can be resolved in a number of ways:
- Request further information and investigation
The Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer may request further information from you. You should be prepared to give as many details as possible including details of any relevant dates and documentation. This will enable Intrax to investigate the complaint and determine an appropriate and useful solution. All details provided will be kept confidential.
The complaint may be investigated. The organisation will try to do so as soon as possible. It may be necessary to contact others in order to proceed with the investigation. This may be necessary in order to progress your complaint.
- Discuss options
We will discuss options for resolution and if you have suggestions about how the matter might be resolved you should discuss these with the Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer. The Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer could also suggest other solutions or give examples of how the personal information can be revised or stored in a different way.
- Refer to Managing Director Operations
If your complaint is not resolved at the local level, it will be referred to the Managing Director. The Managing Director would be provided with the history and may discuss the complaint with the employees, or other parties that are involved.
You will be informed of the outcome and the reasons for the decision. If this does not resolve the complaint, the matter will be referred to a mutually agreed intermediary.
- If after the above steps have been followed you are still dissatisfied with the outcome you may refer the complaint to the Federal Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
The organisation will keep a record of your complaint and the outcome.
(8) Anonymous Complaints
Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd is unable to deal with anonymous complaints as we are unable to investigate properly and follow-up such complaints.
However, in the event that an anonymous complaint is received Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd will note the issues raised and try and resolve them appropriately. For example, Intrax Consulting Engineers Pty Ltd may wish to conduct further training or provide assistance in a given area.
or any further information about this policy please contact the Intrax Privacy Compliance Officer.
Contact details are as follows:
Telephone: 61 3 8371 0100
Facsimile: 61 3 8371 0199
Address: 35 Bank St. South Melbourne, VIC, 3205